Weather Window

We were planning to leave Ventura tomorrow, the 15th of January. However, that massive canker sore thing in the above graphic has asked us to please wait. The weather models are predicting this mega-storm to travel the norther Pacific and go nuts. The storm will not hit this area at all but throw huge swell off the coast of Baja (and everywhere else). We have decided to wait for seas that would be a bit less intimidating for our first haul. This is looking like the first time ever Andrew will not been frothing at dawn for the arrival of a swell. Actually, I’m sure he will.

It looks like the swell dies Wednesday night so we hope to take off around then. The weather has been clear and fair and is expected to continue through next week.  We have our slip until the 20th, so we are squared away here until then. Because the weather is so beautiful it’s hard to not hoist the sails and head to sea!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: